DA'WAH TO ZOROASTRIANS (PARSIS) CONCEPT OF GOD IN ZOROASTRIANISM:God in Zoroastrianism is known as ‘Ahura Mazda’. ‘Ahura’ means ‘the Lord’ or 'The Master' and ‘Mazda’ means ‘the Wise’; hence ‘Ahura Mazda’ means ‘the Wise Lord’ or ‘the Wise God’. Ahura Mazda stands for God, in a strictly monotheistic sense.
Qualities of God according to the Dasatir:
According to the Dasatir, Ahura Mazda has the following qualities:
- He is One.
- He is without an origin or end.
- He has no father or mother, wife or son.
- He is without a body or form.
- Nothing resembles Him.
- Neither the eye can behold Him, nor the power of thinking can conceive him.
- He is above all that you can imagine.
- He is nearer to you than your own self.
According to the Avesta, the Gathas and the Yasna give various characteristics to Ahura Mazda such as:
Creator Yasna 31:7 & 11
Most Mighty the Greatest